How to Nominate
The selection of Award winner is based on the scientific breakthroughs, originality of work, impact and its significance in solving the problems of the tropics by improving the quality of life and contributing to the region’s prosperity.
The Award has four categories, namely:
• Tropical Agriculture
• Tropical Architecture and Engineering
• Tropical Medicine
• Tropical Natural Resources
From among the four categories, two categories are contested yearly. The categories contested rotate every year.
The Call for Nominations is now open for the Tropical Agriculture and Tropical Architecture and Engineering categories.
Nomination submission closes on 30 December 2020.
The merits of the nominee will be assessed based on the materials which are being provided by the nominator and responses to the questions in the nomination form. It is essential that the nominator attaches to the form all background information about the nominee and evidence of contribution that merits consideration for this award. A complete nomination form must consist of:
• Recent photograph (in high-resolution, not less than 1MB)
• Curriculum vitae
• List of honours and awards
• List of product/services commercialised
• List of publications and patent (granted and pending)
• Letter of referral (at least two (2) letters of referral to support the nomination)
• Supporting document (newspaper clipping, media announcement, etc)
SELF NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Download the nomination forms here:
The Award Secretariat accepts mailed or e-mailed nominations addressed to the below contact:
MAHATHIR SCIENCE AWARD FOUNDATION (MSAF)
c/o Academy of Sciences Malaysia (ASM)
20th Floor, West Wing MATRADE Tower
Jalan Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah
Off Jalan Tuanku Abdul Halim
50480 Kuala Lumpur