How to Nominate
The Mahathir Science Award is a high-level award that recognises the world's best contributions to the tropics through science and technology.
The selection criteria for the Award takes into account:
1) The originality of the candidate’s achievement(s)
2) The impact of candidate’s achievement(s), including future impact on the Tropics
3) The significance of the candidate's achievement(s) in solving the problems of the tropics by improving the quality of life and contributing to the region’s prosperity
The Award has four categories, namely:
• Tropical Agriculture
• Tropical Architecture and Engineering
• Tropical Medicine
• Tropical Natural Resources
From among the four categories, two categories are contested yearly. The categories contested rotate every year. Nominees can be individuals, groups of no more than three individuals, or organisations.
The merits of the nominee will be assessed based on the materials provided by the nominator. Therefore, it is essential that the nominator completes the checklist of documents required for a complete nomination.
1) [COMPULSORY] Nomination form (completed all 14/15 components and signed declaration)
2) [COMPULSORY] Photo of nominee(s)/ logo of organisation (in high-resolution, not less than 1MB)
3) [COMPULSORY FOR NOMINATION OF ORGANISATION] Organisational Profile (general leaflet/one-pager on the nominated organisation)
4) [COMPULSORY] Letters of referral (at least two (2) letters of referral to support the nomination, additional letters of support would further strengthen the nomination)
5) [HIGHLY RECOMMENDED] Supporting documents to the 14/15 components in the nomination form (Further details on research/products/patents/awards/impact. This may include a full CV, news articles, media announcements, reports, photographs, extended list of publications etc.)
SELF NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Download the nomination forms by clicking on the links below:
To submit your nomination, please email/mail your completed nomination form and required attachments/supporting documents to the Award Secretariat via the below contact by 1 March 2023:
MAHATHIR SCIENCE AWARD FOUNDATION (MSAF)
902-4, Jalan Tun Ismail,
50480 Kuala Lumpur,