The Mahathir Science Award Foundation (MSAF) was primarily established to identify and confer the Mahathir Science Award (MSA) to outstanding individuals or organisations, who have made recognised scientific breakthrough in solving the problems of the tropics. The Foundation advocates scientific work and initiatives towards solving the problems of the tropics.
The Foundation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the Senior Executive position.
Key responsibilities are:
- Oversee and manage the overall management of the Foundation which includes Board of Trustees meetings, Annual General Meetings, Audit Committees and other statutory activities etc.
- Design, manage and deliver quality and innovative activities and engagements that fulfil the objectives of the Foundation.
- Strategize and implement visibility and promotional activities.
- Aggressively carry out fund raising activities in order to build the financial stability of the Foundation.
- Build and strengthen network as well as corporate and public partnership.
- Has strong interest in the advancement of science and technology (S&T) and passionate in bringing the application of S&T to the society.
- Resourceful and has ability to review and synthesize literature and complex information, ask strategic questions and produce high quality actionable insights.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both in Malay and English languages.
- Sound judgment, tactful and sensitive to diverse cultures.
- Strong organizational skills, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and has ability to work autonomously, and to multitask (i.e. plan and coordinate multiple projects) within established deadlines and parameters.
- Ability to work at all levels including dignitaries, government officials, experts, senior management, stakeholders and across multiple functions/ departments/ organizations.
- Candidates with qualifications in the field of science, science policy, social science or other related fields.
- Degree or Masters with at least 8 years of work experience.
- PhD with at least 3 years of work experience.
- Candidates must have managerial experience.
Matured candidate with qualities of leadership and professionalism is required for the position. The candidate must also be a highly motivated, outcome-oriented proactive person, meticulous, analytical and has critical thinking, confident and upholds integrity.
Closing date: 20 February 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within one month.